Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] UPDATE & FALLOUT - Reply Next: Re: FAQs

Re: Those Spiky Things

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 04:05:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Those Spiky Things

At 09:28 PM 6/29/97 +0100, you wrote:
>"Officially", pointy spines aft, but in practice whatever you think
looks
>best, though I would put some kind of "forward" mark on the base to
avoid
>arguments with the opposition! {"Your Bl**dy ship's flying backwards!"
"No
>it's not" etc.]
Point of note : I put a mark for the front point of all my ships -
little
white blob of paint on the base. It's just I tend to get confused even
with
the human ships..

>>The second question is down to names. Has anyone started
>>naming a Sa'vasku fleet yet? I'm highly tempted to go for
>>alien-looking squiggles, though this could hamper identification
>>somewhat (circle-dot-twiddle-deformed-rabbit is firing on
>>the Victoria Louise).
>>Alternatively I could nip across to a certain-other-universe,
>>borrow their universal translator, and stick on some English
>>translations. For this I'm leaning towards using Culture-style
>>names (as in Iain M Banks). Things like "Peace is Not An Option"
>>or "Forever Seeking Solitude".
>>Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?
Musical notes (only if you can whistle)
Squiggles ("The spaceship formerly known as light cruiser")
Vorlon quotes from back episodes of B5?
Go, out, get very drunk, then try and give a name to what your tongue
feels
like the next  day.
"Big blob", "Little blob"..

Actually, there's a Terry Pratchett quote about goats that seems to
apply.

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist/home.html

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] UPDATE & FALLOUT - Reply Next: Re: FAQs