Prev: Re: Grav Bikes Next: Re: Those Spiky Things

Re: Those Spiky Things

From: "Humidity: the experience of looking for air and finding water" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 07:13:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Those Spiky Things

>Well, I've almost finished painting my new Sa'vasku fleet which
>found it's way to me last weekend (thanks Jon!), and I'm just

Verra nice, aren't they? What color did you paint 'em? Mine are
a metallic black.  :-)

>First off, which side of the base do I put the names? Do
>Sa'vasku fly pointy bits foreward, or pointy bits aft? Some
>look better forward, others don't. Is there an official take
>on this, or is it just whatever the Sa'vasku feels like (I'm
>starting to lean towards the latter)?

I think they can go whichever way they damn well feel like,
but I *think* the 'official' direction is spikey bits aft.

>The second question is down to names. Has anyone started
>naming a Sa'vasku fleet yet? I'm highly tempted to go for

Names??? Hmmm...hadn't thought of this yet!

>Alternatively I could nip across to a certain-other-universe,
>borrow their universal translator, and stick on some English
>translations. For this I'm leaning towards using Culture-style
>names (as in Iain M Banks). Things like "Peace is Not An Option"
>or "Forever Seeking Solitude".
>
>Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

"I Ate Your Honors Student"
"What Do You Want?"
"Object In Mirror Is Deadlier than You Think" (written backwards for
		 the benefit of retreating starships' rear-view mirrors)
"Slice, Dice, and Be Happy"
"You Can Run..."
"The Shadow Knows..."
"In Your Darkest Hour"
"HELLO!!"
"Shot In The Dark"
"Heavy Metal"
"Veteran Of The Psychic Wars"
"Red Barchetta"
"Breaking The Silence"
"First, Last, And Always"
"The Terminator"
"The Untouchable"

Well...some thoughts.  ;-)

Mk
-
I am the Priest that feeds the Beast
I am the Blood, I am Release
Come make me Pure, bleed me a Cure
I caught, I caught, I caught under
Caught under wheel's roar
I take that leech, I'm bleeding me
Can't stop to save my soul
I take the leech that's bleeding me	 -  Metallica, "Bleeding Me"

Prev: Re: Grav Bikes Next: Re: Those Spiky Things