Prev: Grav Bikes Next: Re: Grav Bikes

Re: figure sizes

From: Alan Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 04:43:07 -0400
Subject: Re: figure sizes

John Crimmins wrote:

> >>They are actually about 17-18mm.  Too small for 20s, too big for
> >>15s.  I think, although I would not want to put any money on this,
> >>that they are HO scale, which would be about 1/87th.
> >
> >The Heavy Gear rulebook states that the minis are 1/87th scale. p.113
>
>	  Wow....  I got something correct last night.	Dress warmly,
> people--hell's about to freeze over.

Anyone wanting 1/87 stuff, theer's two companies I can recommend:

First, Preiser. German Model Railway figurines. But also has Bundeswehr
in 1/87 scale, about 200 to a box, every one a different pose. All
waepons are seperate, and include Karl Gustav 84mm RCL, Uzis aplenty, G3
auto-rifles and LMGs. Plus assault engineers, paratroops in berets, etc.

Secondly, RoCo Minitanks. Austrian I believe. Very large range of 1/87
fine-scale military models. The M-114 may have been a dog, but it looks
good, especially with a 20mm on it. And of course, heaps of obscure
Hotchkiss and MoWag AFVs from the 60s which look good too.

100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture

Prev: Grav Bikes Next: Re: Grav Bikes