Prev: Re: wanted: more thrust: FOUND!! Next: Re: b5 wars minis

Re: figure sizes

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 22:09:48 -0400
Subject: Re: figure sizes

At 01:05 PM 6/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>     Speaking of figure sizes, anybody know what size the Heavy Gear
>infantry are?	They are scaled to their Mech figures but all the flyer
>saw said was the standard "Figures not shown to scale" disclaimer.  The
>infantry did look rather nice.
>     I am hoping they are 20mm which I plan to use for StarGrunt.  20mm
>has such a wide range of modern accessories.  I would just love to get
my
>hands of some 20mm sci-fi stuff to take advantage of the cool modern
>stuff.
>
>-Daric Morris

	Thay are actually about 17-18mm.  Too small for 20s, too big for
15s.  I think, although I would not want to put any money on this, that
they
are HO scale, which would be about 1/87th.  Blade makes some nice 20mm
SF
figures, though, and some very nice resin vehicles to go with them.  You
might also want to check some of the modern ranges, like FAA, for Riot
Police--the full face visor gives a nice futuristic effect.  In my
opinion.
It is, however, over 95 degrees in this room, so my opinion should not
be
counted on.

	One thing worth nothing, though: I saw a Heavy Gear "Strider"
that
will be released this summer, and was VERY impressed by it.  It's
bipedal,
about twice the size of the typical Gear model, well detailed, lots of
guns....  It will fit very nicely with my 25mm Battletech Kurita
troopers.
If anybody knows, by the way, where I could find another box of them,
please
tell me.  I've come up with a really nice Urban Cammo pattern for them,
and
I could use some more of them to make a functional force.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: wanted: more thrust: FOUND!! Next: Re: b5 wars minis