Prev: Re: FT - Question Regarding FTL use Next: Re: figure sizes

Re: figure sizes

From: Darryl Adams <dadams@t...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 12:29:55 -0400
Subject: Re: figure sizes

At 08:55 26/06/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi.  I've heard people talk about Battletech tanks/infantry being
>a bit large for Dirtside II.  Since I'm starting off with a bunch
>of GW Epic stuff, are they bigger than those?	I know I've decided

I would catagoricly say , so what?

I use a mix of Epic, CMD figures and Renegade leagon, and find that the
mix
is great.

for example, i use of Epic falcons for a size 4 grav tank, as well as
the
RL stuff as size 3 and 4.

Remeber that there is a slight scale difference between Imperial and
American scales, but in real terms this is so slight it does not matter.

>to make my Renegade Legion tanks into Full Thrust spaceships
>because most of them are too small compared to things I've got
>already.  I've heard GW is a bit big, too.  Would Btech and Epic
>scale be compatible?  I see the infantry is noted as 8mm on the
>Ral Partha web catalog.  Actually, Epic things aren't even in scale
>with each other--the characters are much bigger than the basic figures.

Use the older GW stuff. Cheaper (you can find them in discount bins)
and
they are more in scale with the CMD stuff.

>I've got Battletech, but don't like many of the mechs, and have only
>played a couple of times.  But going through their pictures, I have
>found a lot that don't look like a big guy in armor, and I like
>those.  I like almost every tank I saw, too.

I use Mechs extensively (at lkeast 1 per army), Remember that Mechs are
way
overgunned in DSII (as are Renegade Legon). For exapmple, I like the
Rifleman mech, but there is no way I can put f good guns on a size 4/5
mech, the space would not allow it (you also have missiles and PDS on
these
things and that too eats up space).

Darryl