Prev: Weapons of Nastiness Next: Re: DS II Personal Walkers

Re: DSII/Scout Walkers

From: Darryl Adams <dadams@t...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 22:31:06 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII/Scout Walkers

At 08:58 18/06/97 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <3.0.32.19970618113607.006bf014@tig.com.au>,
>I cut them into individuals and mount them on pennies for class 1
infantry
>walkers.  I usually use some variation of the following:

I have some nice Scotia power armour figures which I mount on 2 cent
peaces
(no longer leagle tender , so I cant go to gaol for defacing them :->)
If I
could finf them again, I would buy a million zillion of them (i have
allas
only 2)

>In fact, they will be used a lot in a new scenario I'm working on:
>"Bugs Don't Surf (A six foot peak?  I thought this whole shitty planet
>was nothing but beach break!)"  The Kra'Vak Colonel Ka'Urtz has taken
>the best surf beach on Beta Prime, and the humans lead a beach assault
>(with lots of helos) to take it back.	:) In fact, I'm thinking about
>awarding VP's to the humans for each unit that leaves combat to surf.
>Does GZG make 1/300 surfers?

When I told Nick form Eureka about "Bugs Dont Surf", he went away with
his
sculpture, and told me later that he is going to cast some SGII surfer
models, and run "Acopolypse Now : SG2". at the next CanCon. Even with
Surfing rules!!! (What a sick man, I say that in the nicest way).

>Or, I'm thinking about using an event card draw, things like "Fear of
>the Valkyries: All human players must hum 'The Flight of the
>Valkyries' while any Kra'Vak units within 6" of any helos take
>Confidence Tests."  Maybe, "They're in the Woods: the Kra'Vak may
>bring one unit on the board out of the treeline to the rear of the
>table at the point nearest the closest human helo."

Does that mean that I can use Bagpipes??????

>Apologies to Jon for nicking his title, but it was too good to pass
>up!  Anyway, back to our topic...
>
>> In SGII I use walkers extensively (a size 3 Patlabor Garage kit of a
>> Helldiver as an orbitally inserted mech, and an old dreadnought from
>> 40k as a size 2).
>
>I've used some BattleMechDroid (tm) figs as power armor infantry in
>SGII.	They're not really my style, though, but they are easy to find.

Try Heavy Gear, I hear that they do some nice SG size power armour (if
slightly anime style).

Prev: Weapons of Nastiness Next: Re: DS II Personal Walkers