Prev: Re: Improvised Turn Guages. Next: Re: DSII Weapon Choices?

Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

From: "Alfredo Lorente" <alfredo@b...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 15:17:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

> Quite alright; one day I'll get around to writing my Python
constructor,
> but until then Andy's online version lets me do whatever I need to,
> though it no longer does oversized units.

Errr, pardon my ignorance, but what would your "Python constructor"
be?  I have this horrible fear of seeing some infantry chucking holy
hand grenades at the rushing armored columns...

> > The values given for cost - nonesuch are available in Stargrunt.
Not
> > to open _that_ can of worms again but isn't that akin to a point
> > system?  Admittedly, I have no experience with DS II (see above),
but
> > what else could that value represent?
>
> It /is/ a point system, in fact.  Personally, I ignore it, mostly.

Ahhh...  Time for me to follow suit...

> > P.S. - Have you done conversions for the other Battloids?  The
> > Spartan, specifically?
>
> Remind me of what the Spartan has on it and I can put it together in
the
> 5min or so it takes to fill out Andy's page, just like the two I just
> did.	:)

Well, if you insist...

The Spartan has some 20 or so missiles on two pods (no arms, just the
two pods).  Other than that, there is a reference to a mini missile
cluster, but I usually just ignore that.

You might think I'm taking advantage of you now, but since I don't
have DS, I'm going to ask you if you have or could develop the Aliens
Drop Ship.  It has two sets of twelve rockets each on the unfolding
wings, plus two pods of missiles on its body, and a pulse cannon on
its nose.  All are fixed forward mounts.  If I remember correctly, it
can plop the APC, so that would probably be a/the wrench for this
model...  Aren't most aircraft size 3.	That's according to SG...

Thanks a lot, again.

Alfredo
Alfredo Lorente
Minneapolis, Mn
alfredo@bitstream.net

Prev: Re: Improvised Turn Guages. Next: Re: DSII Weapon Choices?