Prev: Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)

RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 13:20:21 -0400
Subject: RE: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

>> Whatever happened to the old 'spanner in the works' or metal object
>> in the tracks?  There are always weak points in any armour, it's
>> just a matter of sticking the appropriate tool into it.

>> Maybe they have a satchel charge, AT grenades or plain old molotov
>>cocktails?
>> Or disintegration grenades...

So if troops have cherges of some sort just decide how you want them to
act, for example a satchel charge may be used as a point fire weapon,
range
1 band only, I d12x2. Then determine who has these charges and how many
they have (these denolition charges must be significant to maim an MBT
so
possibly limit to 3 per trooper).  The vehicle cannot 'close assault' a
foot trooper, it must fire upon them (or try to squash/maneuover round
them).	It's a matter then of being able to get close to the vehicle
through screens of defending infantry/vehicle defences.  All this is of
course a risky business for an average grunt.

Stuart

Stuart Murray
Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461
Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: DSII - Big guns vs lots of little guns Next: Re: Conversions (Stargrunt)