Prev: Smart Weapons and Anti-PA weapons In SG II Next: Re: Superior Starfleet Wars Miniatures

SG II sizes of forces

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 17:26:45 -0400
Subject: SG II sizes of forces

>Having not yet played *any* SG2, what are people's average forces for
>a 6x4 table?

I think that even a platoon on each side is too much for a 6x4 table.  I
was using a couple of squads broken into fire teams on smaller tables.

Until recently I was lucky enough to have a 5 x 12 table (bit difficult
get on the plane though !) which I used to field a reinforced mechanised
platoon a side (a mech platoon of infantry with either PA supprot or
light
scout tanks/inf walkers/etc).  Two reinf. platoons even on the big table
got crowded, I think the ideal was two dismounted inf platoons which
could
then use tactical advance and arty/air support.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray
Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461
Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Smart Weapons and Anti-PA weapons In SG II Next: Re: Superior Starfleet Wars Miniatures