Prev: Re: FMA-40K Next: review

Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

From: "Do. Or do not. There is no try." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 15:50:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Close Assault and Scenario (Stargrunt)

[...]
>>1) Has anybody on the list prepared rules to simulate close
>>assaulting a vehicle?
>
>There are rules for infantry attacking point targets with both small
arms
>(but don't expect to scratch a MBT with your bayonette !) and point
fire
>weapons.  Otherwise why would anyone want to close assault a vehicle ?

Insanity. I enjoy every minute of it. :)

>>2) How does this sound:  Two squads of average infantry (Regular with
[...]
>>Well, what do you guys think?
>
>Sounds interesting.  The question I have is, are you playing on a HUGE
>table or are you playing on a big floor ?  This much kit would quickly
>swamp a 6x4 table making a duckshoot of the game.

Having not yet played *any* SG2, what are people's average forces for
a 6x4 table?

>>P.S.	Any ideas as to what I could use for Power Armor?  I'm using,
>>for the time being, green army men.  Anything similarly inexpensive?
>>

>The cheapest metal PA I've seen so far is the GZG range.  They do Figs
for
>95p each (check th Geo Hex Web page for the US prices) of fairly good
>quality ,the chunkiest are the NSL suits and the most hummanoid are the
NAC
>suits.  The toy stuff I've seen is universaslly crap.	I've heard that
the
>micro machine range has a number of 25 mm figs (prepainted) but I've no
>idea what the quality or cost is.

I toss a second vote in for the GZG line of figs. I *really* like the
NAC
inf squad and few PA troops I acquired recently.

Mk
-
"Yyyes ! Haha!! Tremble before the twin-headed, four-legged eleven foot
tall Engine of Justice that *is* Manuever 14B!"

Prev: Re: FMA-40K Next: review