Prev: Re: Chris McCurry and the Attachment from Hell Next: Know your mail program

RE: Gaming Advice Wanted, Visiting London and Cambridge

From: Tim Jones <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 05:34:14 -0400
Subject: RE: Gaming Advice Wanted, Visiting London and Cambridge

On Wednesday, June 11, 1997 9:18 AM, Absolutely Barking Stars
[SMTP:JW4@bolton.ac.uk] wrote:
> At 10:21 PM 6/10/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >you can. There are a few more around the suburbs, and I think a small
shop
> >still left in Cambridge (Games & Puzzles?), but other than that it's
just
> >the usual plague of Games Wombleshops everywhere......
> Don't forget Otherworld Games in Cambridge too. They were just moving
shops
> last time I was in the area so I'm not EXACTLY sure where they are
these
> days, but I think they were moving to the town centre somewhere. I
have
> seen GZG stuff on their shelves before now. Plus in the summer Cam is
quite
> a nice place to visit anyway.

Cambridge UK Games Shops

'Other World Games' are now in King Street at the far end (from town)
near
the King Street Run Pub - They stock most of the Future Wars miniatures,
and
the GZG game books that are in print FT/MT DS2 SG2. They also have
Flintloque
and WarZone and some Grendel Resin Fantasy stuff and a full line of
Denizen
25mm SF figures very nice but about a 90p each, also some Nuns with guns
and
SG2 25mm squads, Star Wars 25mm - little other SF stuff as I bought it
all at
end of line prices. (Jon T they used to stock lots more of your lines
but
don't seem to any more - shame). They also do board, RPG and card/dice
games.

There is also the Toy Soldier in Magdelene Street this is more your WWII
and
figure collectors type shop. If you want unusual 'Beatles' figures this
is
the place. They also have a good selection of unusual Military books.

Games and Puzzles are in Green Street, but their stock is pretty much
all Warhammer now! There are a few interesting RPG's and board games to
be
found. They sometimes have 1 or 2 end of line items of interest such as
Aliens
Power-loaders.

Games Workshop In Bridge Street if you must - they have the new 40K
stuff at
ludicrous prices - qualities good though.

Cambridge also has lots of bookshops - main chains and independents
where
military books can be bought at new and second hand prices. I have a
huge
collection from going round these stores.

Sincerely
Tim Jones

2000K raster map of Cambridge attached
(no only kidding - but I could have :-0 )

Prev: Re: Chris McCurry and the Attachment from Hell Next: Know your mail program