Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 14:48:34 -0400
Subject: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.

Jon wrote:
>1) the old FTII system of first fire to largest fleet WILL be dropped.

Good - never really used.  I like die rolls to give all players a
chance.

>3) This will be the "official" system (probably...) - alternate fire,
>starting by highest die roll. Simple and quick, and we find it works
best
>in most cases.

Great!

>4) this one is interesting - having already decided that FTIII may well
>include a counter sheet (similar to the DS/SG ones), we could make a
set of
>numbered chits that could be allocated to each ship after moving,
either to
>players' choice or even at random (draw chits face down and allocate to
>ships without looking at them!). This may be an amusing option,
especially
>for smaller games....
>Reactions anyone? [duck]  :)

Hmmm...not sure about this.  Maybe use as an option, as I do like to
allow
players to work out this decision on their own.  On one hand, using
chits
will reduce the tactics of the game, as fire options will be more
limited
than before.  On the other hand, chits may give a welcome randomness to
the
firing order that could be fun.  I will give the chits a try in our next
test.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: FT Armor Next: Re: FTIII: A Plea to End "Me Too" Firing.