Prev: Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII Next: GZG Online Catalogue

Dirtside II Weapons: GMS/Air

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:20:58 -0400
Subject: Dirtside II Weapons: GMS/Air

Hello,
	Here's my idea for an Anti-Air GMS.  Each battery may fire 1 GMS
versus air targets at a range of 48 inches with 1d6 for Basic, 1d8 for
Enhanced and 1d10 for Superior missile systems.  Damage is calculated
the
same as for a GMS/L.  The cost is 1.5 times a GMS/H  Therefore 45 for
Basic,
60 for Enhanced and 90 for Superior.  This weapon system takes up 4
Capacity
spaces.  The GMS/A may be used against ground targets at a range of 30
inches but again draws chits as a GMS/L.
	I would imagine that Patriot, Hawk and AEGIS Weapon systems
would
carry a system like this.  You might even want to put it in an
interceptor
aircraft ala Tomcat...
	Now the question becomes, when does the missile hit, if I fire
it as
reaction fire...?  Before of after the targets ordnance drops...?
	Please let me know what you think.
		Phil P.

Prev: Re: Wet Thrust - Conversion of FT to WWII Next: GZG Online Catalogue