Prev: Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)

Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 12:53:22 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic

At 11:43 PM 5/31/97 +0100, you wrote:
>All this talk about the babylon project has forced me to write about it
>here.	Sorry for ths being off topic.
>
>Don't buy it!!!!!!

I've heard mixed reactions about the game system. Some like it, some
don't.
I liked the the look of the hit location system, but the rest looked
very
much "been there, done that."

As for the source material, that is a BIG disappointment. There is more,
and
better, information on the Net. For far less money, you could adapt any
other game system to the background information elsewhere on the Net and
still have more background information.

There is no real information for FT fans. This is due in the Earthforce
Sourcebook. I personally feel that this should have been released at the
same time as the RPG. I'm looking forward to Jon Tuffley's B5 rules.

>Of course TBP appeals to gamers the world over who have to be spoon fed
and
>have the 'official' game, no matter if its good or bad.  I'm afraid the
>last comment could also be aimed at a lot of people in this group.
>
>"Please give me the official, proper, reccomended point system, please,
>pretty please."
>
>Hey guys use your brains get a life and work one out for yourself.

Personally, I found this comment uncalled for. I'm no major fan of
points
systems, but I have often said that it makes a game much easier for new
players to play. This is especially true of generic games or games with
few
included scenarios. You can't expect a new player to whip up a point
system
of his own. If he could do THAT, he doesn't NEED a point system.
Besides, my
free time (what little of it I have) is precious to me. I'd rather use
more
of that life "I got" and pay someone else to invent a point system,
rather
than spend the time building one myself.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: B5 RPG UK Edition - Reply off topic Next: Re: Question for the Americans (was Storage & Transportation)