Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder

Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

From: Jerry McVicker <gmcvicke@w...>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 20:30:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Grunts Point System (Beware flame war erupting...)

At 04:38 PM 5/27/97 PDT, you wrote:
>	 Some of us have a living to make and do not have the time to
waste
>to generate a common standard to start from before making the myriad
>adjustments required.	If you don't want to use the point system, then
>please ignore that portion, it took up a whole two pages in DSII...
>	 If you don't want to play against the power point players, etc.
>Then don't play them.	There is far more room for abuse in an open
>mathematical system than in a closed one.
>	 Phil Pournelle

Waaah Waaah...Oh yes..the rest of us Stargrunt players are unemployed
and
unsociable time wasters. We have nothing better to do than run thousands
of
possible outcomes to a miniatures game battle all day.	IT'S CONSUMING
MY
LIFE!!	DAMN YOU JON!!	HEELLLLLPP!!   God forbid, it took me a whole 15
minutes to come up with a playable scenario.  Too bad your all consuming
job
takes up all of your mental powers.  Seriously though, if you worry so
much
about the "myriad of adjustments required", perhaps you should seek
relaxation therapy!   I have!  It works wonders!!  :)

Jerry McVicker

"Don't worry soldier, weapons will be available in a moment."

Blackwind and Raddix Gaming
http://www.imagixx.net/~bnrgames
bnrgames@imagixx.net

Prev: Re: Star Grunts Point System Next: Re: Windows 95 & NT Ship Builder