Prev: Re: Errata, More Thrust, and related... Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:07:58 -0400
Subject: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities

I have used the following format on my Full Thrust Ship Registry pages
with an eye toward the same goal. There are 177 designs posted in this
format. Roger West also has a "Full Thrust Portable Format" which he
designed with the same purpose.

Chicago class Battlecruiser
Brian Bell
Mass: 40
Type: Capital
Clas: Battlecruiser
Move: 4
FTL:  Std
Tech: Human
Hull: Military
Strm: None
Prot: 2 Screens
Cost: 381
Damg: 20
 5
 5
 5
 5
Syst:
FCS
FCS
FCS
Screen
Screen
AA Mega Battery F
A Beam PFS
A Beam PFS
ADAF

This is a class I used in trying to make a full thrust ship designing
program. It was written in C++. Equipment is a class that contained the
name and properties of the various equipment. I had planned to add this
to a sub-class that would add velocity, heading, etc.

class ship {
	Str255		name;
	int			tons;
	int			tonsUsed;
	int			speed;
	int			screens;
	int			fireCons;
	int			shipClass; //
1=escort,2=cruiser,3=capital,4=carrier
	equipment	slot[51]; // slot[0]=#of filled slots
	public:
		int	changeTons(CommandT);
		int	changeName(CommandT);
		int	changeSpeed(CommandT);
		int	addEquip(CommandT);
		int	delEquip(CommandT);
		int	addScreen();
		int	subScreen();
		int newShip(CommandT);
	};

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Re: Errata, More Thrust, and related... Next: Re: FTF Standard File Formats for PBEM/Utilities