Prev: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon

Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@d...>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 13:55:06 -0400
Subject: Re: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II

dadams wrote:
> 1. What is the effect when a Firer System Hit chit is drawn during an
> artillery barrage?
>
> A: The barrage is a complete failure
> B: The target vehical is immune from dammage?

I'd go (C), the barrage does not affect that target and no more targets
in the AoE are drawn for; the arty unit's systems are out, subject to
the standard Firer Systems Out chit effects.

> 2. Can missiles fire opatunity fire?

Doesn't make any sense; missiles simply move last, no matter what, and
attack resolve if within range at the end of that movement.

> 3. In Stargrunt II, grav vehicals act as v-tols, yet do not in DSII.
> What is correct (eg , in SGII, Grav can fly OVER Trees!)

Both; keep in mind the difference in scales involved between the two
games.

In SG, trees large enough to be an impediment to infantry get marked,
and so it doesn't take much of a copse to show up on the board.  Gravs
have no problem popping over trees at that scale.  At DS scales, we're
talking large enough collections of trees to impede armour, which is a
much larger stand.

That said, I generally treat gravs as NoE fliers (capable of
pop-and-drop over ridges, etc) in DS /anyway/, since I am aiming at
modeling Renegade Legion's gravs.

--
[  Alexander Williams {thantos@alf.dec.com/zander@photobooks.com}  ]
[ Alexandrvs Vrai,  Prefect 8,000,000th Experimental Strike Legion ]

Prev: A couple of Questions about Dirtside II Next: Re: Silly DS2 Q for Jon