Prev: Re: Missile Defense for stations Next: Re: Missile Defense for stations and ECM

Re: Missile Defense for stations

From: GZGMail@a...
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 22:27:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Missile Defense for stations

<<You could either reduce damage (premature detenation) or by making the
missiles roll less that a 6 to hit which is more what I meant. >>

Our best defense against missiles is shipborne ECM.  Since missiles
automatically hit now, we give them a 2+ on a D6 to hit an unprotected
target.  However, if the target is under an active Area ECM umbrella,
the
missile needs a 3+ to hit.  Against a target protected by active Point
ECM,
the missile needs a 4+.  And if the target has its own Point ECM and is
also
under an Area ECM umbrella, the missile needs a 5+ to hit.

The same principle applies to both stations and to ships.

Prev: Re: Missile Defense for stations Next: Re: Missile Defense for stations and ECM