Prev: Re: Base Destruction Next: Re: Sand

Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:42:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

Mark Siefert wrote:
>	There is a debate that is raging in my FT playgroup.  The house
rules
>state that there will be no mixed technology ships in normal FT play.
>However there is one major exception: Armor.  Human ships can purchase
>Armor at normal cost.	How can this be when the rules of the house
>prevent hybrid tech ships?  The guy who runs the group states that it's

Not sure if they are really hybrid.  I would think armor technology, at
least to some extent was available before screens to human forces.  The
main
difference is in cost and maneuverability.  The Kra-Vak armor is
something
they have pursued to a higher degree than humans.  They're increased
knowledge and experience would help keep their costs down, as well as
give
them time to design highly maneuverable ships that integrate the armor
as
part of their general configuration.

>	"When costing Kra'Vak ships (or indeed any other vessel fitted
with an
>armoured hull)..."

I would interpret this as a new system for everyone.  Only Kra-Vak don't
pay
extra to use it.

>	Personally, I like the ruling.	Who ever said we were playing in
the
>offical universe to begin with?  Any thoughts?

Go for it!  I thought the "official" universe meant anything taken from
the
GZG rules.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Base Destruction Next: Re: Sand