Prev: Any recomendations Next: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?

Re: Base Destruction

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 14:07:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Base Destruction

At 12:03 PM 5/11/97 +0300, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
>On Fri, 9 May 1997, Jon Holloway wrote:
>
>>	I have not seen many "real" naval bases that did not have air
stations
>>	and warship support.
>
>And I have not seen many that come without AA guns/missiles, shore
>batteries etc.
	As a Naval Officer, I have never seen a Naval base that did have
any
of these weapons you name (AA Guns, Missiles, etc.).  Instead they just
support the ships and aircraft present.  These resources then engage the
enemy away from the base.  It is a waste of resources to tie them up in
static facillity unless you know the enemy is invading etc.

Prev: Any recomendations Next: Re: Armor: Greasy Kra'Vak Stuff?