Prev: Re-Label this thread! Next: Re: For Jon @ GZG: Distside II: IAVRs

Re: Fuel, Ramjets, and the Darwin Awards (was Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-) )

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:45:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Fuel, Ramjets, and the Darwin Awards (was Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-) )

Allan Goodall wrote:
>Now, to keep the topic hounds off my back, the mentioning of solid
rockets
>brings a question to mind: fuel. Has anyone looked at fuel usage in FT?
I've
>got some house rules percolating in my subconscious to deal with
Bussard
>Ramjets, fuel skimming, and other effects. Just wondering if anyone has
done
>something about this.

Yes.  I submitted some rules for fuel usage a while back.  It may still
be
in the archives.  I wanted something for use in campaigns to use tankers
and
such. It also welcomes ideas for scenarios.  Mike Elliot also listed
some
interesting thoughts about this during the discussion.

>I like the idea of ramjet armed ships. The front firing arc would be
>unusable (and using regular FT rules, so would the rear arc!). However,
if
>the front arc came within a certain range of the enemy, a certain
amount of
>damage would be done (maybe like a mini wave gun). The ramjet would be

We joked about this a while back as well.  Using the all incoming
matter(carbon, spaceships, etc.) as fuel.  Worked like a giant vacuum
cleaner! ;)

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re-Label this thread! Next: Re: For Jon @ GZG: Distside II: IAVRs