Prev: Fuel, Ramjets, and the Darwin Awards (was Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-) ) Next: Re: Fuel, Ramjets, and the Darwin Awards (was Re: in 'defense' of FT missiles... ;-) )

Re-Label this thread!

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 17:02:30 -0400
Subject: Re-Label this thread!

At 07:23 PM 5/7/97 +0300, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:
>On Wed, 7 May 1997, Robin Paul wrote:
>
>> Aye, but this is clearly scenario-dependent, and controlled by house
rules.

>House rules? yuck. Sure, everyone likes to make them, but to claim
>something is not a problem just because it can be fixed with a house
rule
>is a bit stupid. ANYTHING can be fixed with a house rules, and thus
there
>wouldn't any problems with any rules at all and we could all go play
D&D
>and make house rules about space combat. Ergo, no market for GZG.
>
>Anyway, it's a moot point since
>
>a) I'd bring enough missiles to do it in one volley. Wanna see the
point
>calculations? Show me a base, and I'll show a missile force that
>completely obliterates it for half the price. .... BLAH, BLAH,
BLAH.....

Could you guys re-label this whole thread something like "a Whole lot of
missiles" so that the original thread Newtonian Weapons can get on to
something constructive?  That way I can distinguish what I want to
read...
The SPCA is going to be asking questions about a horse corpse any day
now....