Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 11:49:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

M. Hodgson writes:

@:) > Because the bombers that could fly a nuke over Michigan Ave
@:) > would be intercepted long before they got in range.
@:)
@:) You HOPE :)
@:)	^^^^

  Hey, why do you think I moved to Boston "smaller target"
Massachusetts?	And then moved 50 miles from ground zero?  I'm not
THAT stupid!

@:) So I'd like the equivalent of a sub.... A cloaked ship that just
@:) nips right by.  Again because the station is either considered
@:) stationary, or at least moves predictably, I should have no
@:) trouble getting there...

  True enough.	It's harder to justify subs in space (although cloaks
are part of the official, if optional, FT rule set).  Of course in
real life subs are detectable, too.  One hopes that our attack subs
would have been able to remove the Soviet submarine menace before any
missiles were launched.  But I guess that's wishful thinking at best.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII Next: Re: Fw: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII