Prev: Re: SG2: Cavalry in SG2 Next: Re: Cavalry in SG2

Re: SG2: Cavalry in SG2

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:01:57 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2: Cavalry in SG2

Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 09:04 PM 4/19/97 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >There WERE going to be cavalry rules in SGII, but they were one of
the
> >things dropped in the end due to lack of space (what, you wanted the
> >typeface even SMALLER...?). If this thread develops some good ideas,
I'll
> >probably put them together with my own original draft stuff and make
sure
> >the cavalry are in BDS when it gets done.
>
> I'd like to see your cavalry rules, Jon, either here or in BDS. I was
never
> too crazy about WH40K's use of cavalry, but they are a semi-staple of
> Science Fantasy (i.e. Tauntauns, Banthas, and those giant lizards in
Star
> Wars/Empire). They would also be useful in a post apocalypse or
historical
> game; once I get some free time I intend to work on both of these
concepts
> in SG2.

Horsed cavalry are useful for a low tech force like I'm putting
together, as scouts and mounted infantry.

I will also be very interested in seeing them.

The one serious gripe I have with the new epic 40k is that cavalry are
harder to kill than infantry, where they should be the same or easier.
(shrug) at least you can hold a defensive position with infantry now..

--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
"The end does not justify the means.

Prev: Re: SG2: Cavalry in SG2 Next: Re: Cavalry in SG2