Prev: Re: Fighters or Bricks? Next: Re: Little Tiny Stargrunt [SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL PLUG!]

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:19:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

Mark Donelan wrote:
>	 I have been playing FT/MT for a short time and have used the
More
>Thrust rules on fighter order of movement. I have not found fighters to
be
>unbalanced or overly powerful at all. If anything they appeared to be
too
>weak in comparison to the A battery.
>	 What have I missed? With the limited speed of fighters and
their
>vulnerability, (especially to scatterguns) how are you using them so
>effectively?

I don't find fighters unbalanced, but I wish they had more range per
turn.
One rule mod we using in the email game, Deneb Clash, by Dean Gundberg
is to
allow fighters to use velocity as per ships(inertia) while retaining all
other characteristics.	Example: A fighter group moving at 16 can slow
down
to 12 or accelerate to 28.  This requires a little more record keeping,
but
it's worth it to give fighters more range.

Not many of us use scatterguns since we don't run Kra'Vak ships that
often.
Since players typically load few if any *DAF systems, it is usually easy
inflict some significant damage on a ship when attacking with fighters
in
numbers.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Fighters or Bricks? Next: Re: Little Tiny Stargrunt [SHAMELESS COMMERCIAL PLUG!]