Prev: Personalities in SGII Next: Re: Personalities in SGII

Re: Fighters or Bricks?

From: Mark Donelan <mark_donelan@v...>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:16:37 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighters or Bricks?

>	I tried using fighter endurance but - like missiles - it made a
playable
>game less enjoyable.  So, to lessen the impact of fighter groups I use
>fighter squads.  They have unlimited endurance, cost and weigh as much
as
>the fighter groups except each fighter squad consists of four fighters.
>fighter squad gets only 4 attack dice instead of 6.
>
>-Joe

	I have been playing FT/MT for a short time and have used the
More
Thrust rules on fighter order of movement. I have not found fighters to
be
unbalanced or overly powerful at all. If anything they appeared to be
too
weak in comparison to the A battery.
	What have I missed? With the limited speed of fighters and their
vulnerability, (especially to scatterguns) how are you using them so
effectively?
Mark Donelan
E-mail: Mark_Donelan@vis.com  Vicorp Interactive Systems, Inc.
Phone : (617) 859-1293	      399 Boylston Street
FAX   : (617) 536-6647	      Boston, MA 02116-3305

Prev: Personalities in SGII Next: Re: Personalities in SGII