Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

Re: Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 14:43:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Borrowed Ideas - Traveller/Star Wars

At 07:09 AM 4/10/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Jon,
>I think you are right. I remember coming home after seeing the premiere
>of Star Wars in Nottingham, getting Traveller out and seeing if the
>Millenium Falcon (Modified Free Trader) could escape 4 Fighters (did'nt
>call them TIEs then.)

When T4 (the Imperium Games edition) came out last year, Marc Miller
kept
mentioning how it was modified based on "20 years of roleplaying game
design
experience" or some such (by the way, it ISN'T, but that's WAY off
topic).
That would peg the game at around 1976.  I didn't see it until 1980, and
by
then they were up to 5 books (including High Guard and Mercenary). The
Citizens of the Imperium book included stats for Luke Skywalker and
Darth Vader.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Re: Real Space Combat Help: