Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust - Reply

Re: re paint

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:31:56 -0400
Subject: Re: re paint

Jon (top cat) wrote:
>The ESU are in red with yellow details. Over all of this are black
abstract
>shapes (to confuse the fighters-the only paint scheme that would be
used)
>This scheme is called something and originated on WWII ships to confuse

I think you are referring to dazzle paint.  Stripes of varying
colors(such
as black, white, grey, blue) were painted at sharp angles to break up
the
ship's configuration.  I use this paint method on my NSL and they look
sharp,	considering most players generally just splash one main color
and
add details.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust - Reply