Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: re paint

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 13:26:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Brian Bell wrote:

> > From: Nezach <Nezach@ix.netcom.com>
> > To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> > Subject: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust
> > Date: Tuesday, April 08, 1997 1:54 AM
> >
> >	What are your painting phlosophies for your ships?

Basic philosophy:  Whatever looks good, with no basis at all on reality.

Frankly, I have yet to actually paint any of my FT minis -- I have
enough
problems getting them cleaned, assembled, and primed.  However, I do
actually have plans!

My ESU fleet I plan on being inspired by Battlestar Galactica -- basic
dark gray with black shadows.  However, I'm stuck since I can't find a
copy of the damn movie for the life of me (none of the video stores I
frequent have a copy -- Blockbuster had the case, but the tape had been
missing for 6 months ;( ).

My NAC fleet is being inspired by the new parking garage on campus.  I'm
planning on a light gray base with a light shade of pine green facades.
My original thought was X-mas green and orange, but the ship I first
tried
this on quickly cured me of that thought.  Gross!

I have a small squadron of FSE (which I had requested pieces of for
X-mas)
which I'm not entirely sure about.  I'm thinking of going with Star
Destroyer white (they have that look), with maybe some red or orange
details.  I wouldn't mind some suggestions on this one.

I also have a motherload of Tyranid Space Fleet minis for Savasku (which
lucked into at $1 per pack at clearance).  I'm planning on taking ideas
from tropical fish and cephalapods in nature.  Plenty of bright oranges,
reds, whites, purples and such.  I always thought that the clownfish
would
be a good model for a camouflage design.  Bright orange with white
blotches -- awesome.  I plan on painting some units of DSII minis this
way.

> >	On a related note, what (if anything) is the weirdest object you

> > have used to represent a ship or station or whatever that wasn't
> > specificaly made for gaming use?  Dog toys? Car parts? Old hard bits
of
> > pizza crust?

Part of my job here on campus is clearing out peoples office of stuff
they
left behind when they graduate/move on/pass on.  In one office I
procured
a huge box filled with shells from around the world, many of them will
be
useful for filling out my Savasku.  Not really weird, but it'll look
good.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Re: re paint