Prev: RE: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Gorn Ship for SFB

Re: Real Space Combat Help:

From: Darren Douglas <ddouglas@v...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 10:00:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Real Space Combat Help:

> Win Barker
> Imagineer
> Solutions onQue
> As to missiles, blast effect is reduced in vacuum so direct contact is
> necessary. I'm talking about blast, not fragmentation, which is much
> more destructive. A cloud of peanut-sized balls exploded into the path
> of a ship will, depending on the relative velocities, probably rip it
> shreds.

What about heat generated in the coldness of space?
The reason for my question is this, if heat
generation is flesible, then a missle with a modern HEAT (High Explosive
Anti Tank) war head, could the weapon of choice. On contasting ship the
war head would burn through the ships hull and into the inside causing
alot of damage.

If not then nuclear weapons in space would not be that good, little
fragmentation and not much/no heat. What is left is blast and radition
and the electronic impluse. Shielding for space travel would probably
make the last two not that effective. ( i've seen star trek.)

Darren

Prev: RE: Real Space Combat Help: Next: Gorn Ship for SFB