Prev: Gorn Ship for SFB Next: Re: Gorn Ship for SFB

Real Space Combat Help:

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 02:06:05 -0400
Subject: Real Space Combat Help:

Hello Everyone:
	I'm writing a sci-fi space combat story for my creative writing
class.
So far I've got most of the story fleshed out.	However, I want to be as
plausable and scientific as possible. (The only place where I want to be
technically vauge is hyperdrive.)  I have some general questions for all
of you armchair physicists out there in GZG Mailing List land.
	1.  Which would be better suited for space combat: lasers or
particle
beam weapons?
	2.  How does a directed energy beam weapon damage a target?
	3.  Which sort of missile warhead would be better suited for
space
combat?  Nuke or kinetic kill?
	4.  I've heard that it would be a good idea to depressurize a
warship
before going into combat (the crew would be in space suits).  Why would
that help?
	5.  How would one target a enemy ship in space (realistically
that is)?
	6.  There would happen to be a "Theoretical Space Combat FAQ"
somewhere
on the net?  If there isn't there should be.

I'd love to hear your responses.
Later,
Mark S.

Prev: Gorn Ship for SFB Next: Re: Gorn Ship for SFB