Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Velocity limits on Starships...

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:33:50 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Hello:
	For the most part, I tend to stay with a uniform color for the
ships in each of my fleets.  My NAC are light grey with red "running
lights" (i.e. just about any small raised surface gets a dab of paint.).

My NSL ships are dark blue.  My FSE ships usesd to be dark red with a
badly painted gold chevron (my first attempt at detail).  After
discovering that I hated that, I dunked the Frenchies in acetone and
repainted them medium grey.  My few Kra'Vak ships are a mix of greens,
tans, browns and reds.
	I am not an artist,  My attempts at painting numbers or symbols
have always met with failure.  I plan on making my own computer
generated
decals if I can get ahold of some plain decal film.  Just pop 'em into
the inkjet and there you go.  This will come in handy for my Yamto minis

and my EA minis (when I finnaly get them.)
	BTW, while we are one the subject, can anyone give me
suggestions
on how to paint EA ships.  Not that I don't know the color scheme
(gray's, with some whites and blues) it just that I want to get really
detailed for this lot.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Velocity limits on Starships...