Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

From: A stalwart bastion of bachelorism <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 13:09:49 -0400
Subject: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

>Greetingss all,

Greetings, one,

>	I have been lurking on the list for a bit now.	I orgionally
>subscribed to see if there were any SGII players on the list but I

I've got it, but have yet to play.  :-/   No one around my immediate
area interested (everyone is WH40K for some reason :-/ )

>quite well I couldn't resist getting actual ship models.  I picked up
>some Traveller (The Spew Era) ships boats of various designs.	5 minis
>for 5 bucks,  gotta love that.  Now I am in the process of cleaning em
up
>and getting them ready to be painted.	Which leads me to my first
>question for the list:
>
>	What are your painting phlosophies for your ships?

It varies. I've got a flat black fleet (which comprises of a couple
of what-I-just-learned-are-space-fleet-minis, a few Traveller 'needle'
ships, an odd Klingon frigate, etc), a metallic maroon fleet (thanks
to Daryl ;)  which is made up of my ESU fleet and Entomolian ships),
a metallic/jade green for my Kra'Vak, and a flat 'gunship' grey fleet
(which consists of just about everyone else).

My recently acquired Sa'Vasku have adopted a metallic black for some
reason.  ;-)

Haven't gotten around to painting my micromachines, though. And for
the most part left the plastic Star Trek/Fred ships alone

>	Do you do the matte grey "Star Wars" thing, or do you go for the

>Narn "Zebra on drugs" paint scheme or a variation on both?  Do you even

>bother painting the minis you play with (eather too eager to play or
>*gasp* don't like to paint)

Paint when I can.

>Are elaborate CNS fleet markings complete
>with ship numbers your thing or do you just slap a coat of paint on and

>go?

[jingle,dong,jangle] "Yes"

(I tried some fine detailing and found my skills...lacking)

>Do you think ships would even be painted or that it would make a
>difference what the color of a cruser is when you are firing on it from

>half a light minute away?

It shouldn't make a difference. I use it mostly for fleet identification
and because they look nice painted.  :-)

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Confession Time... Next: Re: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust