Prev: Re: Ramming. Next: Re: Confession Time...

Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

From: rpaul@w... (Robin Paul)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:36:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

>> You might give a 'heroic' ship a bonus (say, +1?) to the ram attempt.
It
>> says in the rules that some races (eg, Narns vs Centauri ;-) and/or
>> certain specific scenarios MAY allow for an increased *chance*
(emphasis
>> mine)- there's nothing in it about automatic ramming. You need to
succeed
>> with two die rolls. And in the past year, I've only seen *2*
successful
>> ram attempts. And those were by lancer-sized Narns against a
stationary
>> Centauri base! (I think 3 tried, 1 missed the attempt roll) Every
other
>> ram attempt I've seen come down the line has missed. And I haven't
seen
>> all that many to begin with.
>
>Two tried and two were successful.  Remember this one, Robin?	Adam
Delafield
>was in command of the Centauri base station, Brushari.
>
>Ship Name:	ZAHNAY
>Ship Class:	Narn Lancer - Destroyed
>Commanded by:	davisje@smsun100.crd.ge.com
snip
>Damage Points: (3) -135
snip

>Damage Points Sustained:
> 138 pts from Brushari on Turn 6 due to ram
>
>Ship Name:	CHOTHU
>Ship Class:	Narn Lancer - Destroyed
>Commanded by:	rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
snip
>Damage Points: (3) -66
>Internal Configuration/Status:
snip
>Damage Points Sustained:
> 69 pts from Brushari on Turn 6 due to ram

I certainly do!  I recall Adam sending signals along the lines of "Nyah!
You
won't scratch my paint with those lancers!"  I also remember the shock
and
confusion on our own side when our lancers began their accelleration
spiral,
and your persuading Indy that as Narns, we were more likely to ram than
captains belonging to "lesser species" with silly haircuts.  An
excellent
game.

That reminds me, I keep forgetting to comment on Allan's Age of Iridium
write-up- also most enjoyable.

Cheers,
Rob Paul

"Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk
  "Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!"
--"

Prev: Re: Ramming. Next: Re: Confession Time...