Prev: Mines in DS II/SG II Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

From: davisje@z... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 07:48:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

> You might give a 'heroic' ship a bonus (say, +1?) to the ram attempt.
It
> says in the rules that some races (eg, Narns vs Centauri ;-) and/or
> certain specific scenarios MAY allow for an increased *chance*
(emphasis
> mine)- there's nothing in it about automatic ramming. You need to
succeed
> with two die rolls. And in the past year, I've only seen *2*
successful
> ram attempts. And those were by lancer-sized Narns against a
stationary
> Centauri base! (I think 3 tried, 1 missed the attempt roll) Every
other
> ram attempt I've seen come down the line has missed. And I haven't
seen
> all that many to begin with.

Two tried and two were successful.  Remember this one, Robin?  Adam
Delafield
was in command of the Centauri base station, Brushari.

Ship Name:     ZAHNAY
Ship Class:    Narn Lancer - Destroyed
Commanded by:  davisje@smsun100.crd.ge.com
Target #:      8
Location:      64.5,54.75
Velocity:      27
Heading:       1
Movement Plot: 0+4
Mass:	       6
Thrust Rating: 8
Jump Engines:  No
Damage Points: (3) -135
Internal Configuration/Status:
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     PDAF
     Fire Control
     Thrust Engine
     Damage Control

Damage Points Sustained:
 138 pts from Brushari on Turn 6 due to ram

Ship Name:     CHOTHU
Ship Class:    Narn Lancer - Destroyed
Commanded by:  rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
Target #:      10
Location:      64.25,55.25
Velocity:      28
Heading:       1
Movement Plot: 0+5
Mass:	       6
Thrust Rating: 8
Jump Engines:  No
Damage Points: (3) -66
Internal Configuration/Status:
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     Sub-Munitions Pack (F) -
     PDAF
     Fire Control
     Thrust Engine
     Damage Control

Damage Points Sustained:
 69 pts from Brushari on Turn 6 due to ram

Prev: Mines in DS II/SG II Next: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.