Prev: Re: Ramming. Next: Re: Confession Time...

Re: Missile Balance

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 03:58:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Missile Balance

On Sun, 6 Apr 1997, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Well... my largest models are about 12 cm long (meaning they extend 6
cm
> forward and back from the center point you measure from), but they
> usually aren't that wide :) Unless a ship ends up straight ahead of
> another, there's no problem getting into close  range even with SMPs!

My Gundam and custom capitals are sometimes over 20cm long. They are a
bit too big for gaming, and the table "action spot" gets crowded enough
as it is.

> My table is only 80cm * 120cm (2'8" * 4'), which is why I have to
measure
> in cm.

I play on half-a-ping-pong-table, which gives a little over 4'x4'.

> If it is because of the "fighters are more maneuvrable than fighters"
> slip, well... I didn't exactly mean that :/

I figured as much...

> This was with the FT turn sequence and movement system. With the MT
turn
> sequence (fighters move before starships), the problem would be even
> worse.

I always use the MT sequence.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Ramming. Next: Re: Confession Time...