Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Re: Missile Balance

Re: Ramming.

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 03:46:38 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming.

Re: A stalwart bastion of bachelorism:
>I don't see where there's a big deal with this Ramming stuff. I feel
that
>the rules given in FT cover the situation quite well. You can announce
an
>attempt at a ram, but it's *no* guarantee you'll *do* it! You still
need
>to roll a '6' just to make the attempt.

Actually I don't have a problem with the mechanics of the ramming rules,
just the idea of a crew of relatively normal people deciding on a death
or
glory charge - which with some players happens with monotonous
regularity
if they're losing... From that viewpoint I do have a hassle, because it
seems really unrealistic from the viewpoint of what a normal commander
would do in a battle.

Of course the simple solution is to get some other players, but they're
far
and few between here.

>And finally...as with any other rule, the ramming rule can be just
simply
>ignored altogether. Don't like it? Don't use it!  :-)

Ignoring rules is fairly easy with those listed in More Thrust, but if
they're in Full Thrust you'd really have to both agree before the game,
in
my opinion.

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: Re: Thoughts on FT Next: Re: Missile Balance