Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Expanding Shields/Statis Shields

Re: $64,000 Question

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 16:38:47 -0500
Subject: Re: $64,000 Question

At 06:47 PM 4/3/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I believe the show was a 50s thing called "You Bet Your Life", and the
prize
>was actually $64.  Rampant inflation, I guess.

There was a different show called the $64,000 Question. In the late 70s
they
redid the show as the $128,000 Question. I remember only seeing the
latter
show. I remember two or three people who's area of expertise was Star
Trek
(he said, deftly bringing the thread back to SOME semblance of
on-topicality). Inevitably they would ask the guy some incredibly
obscure ST
question (which I KNOW there are people who would know it) and the guy
would
fail. Like a couple of other game shows, I thought it went under in a
hail
of controversy over it being rigged.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Expanding Shields/Statis Shields