Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: Fast speeds

Thoughts on FT

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 08:57:32 -0500
Subject: Thoughts on FT

Mikko Kurki-Suonio writes:

@:) Seems like I'm in the minority with Sprayform. Everyone else
@:) premeasures.

  Looks like one more vote against measuring has come in since this
message.  Anyway it occured to me that your question actually asked
about premeasuring of weapons AND movement.  We don't explicitly
disallow either but I've never seen anyone actually try to measure
where his ship would come out after a turn.  We usually will check
distances, compare speeds and guess where the turn will leave us.
Some of us are better at that than others, but no one's so bad that he
actually plots out exactly where he'll be.

-joachim

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: Fast speeds