Prev: Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas). Next: $64,000 Question

Re: Fast speeds

From: If it's tourist season why can't we shoot them? <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 18:11:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Fast speeds

>> each other with no apparent thought for tactics, and apparently flown
by
>> captains who can't count! :-)
>
>Or captains who are not allowed to pre-measure distances.
>
>IMHO, this seems like a crucial point, let's take a quick poll:
>
>Do you allow pre-measurement of movement and/or weapon ranges?

I understand that it is supposed to be the flavor of the game to not
premeasure, but...I always had a hard time with that. I figured that
premeasuring was just reflective of the data your battle/navigation
computer(s) are calculating for you. Your sensors, computers, and
subordinate officers all give you the necessary information required
for you to fight your ship, so I took this as being encompassed in the
premeasuring bit.

So, to answer, I allow it.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas). Next: $64,000 Question