Prev: re FT3 Missiles-Jon Next: Re: Fast speeds

Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas).

From: "Brian Bell" <pdga6560@c...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 18:09:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas).

You could define it as follows: A Carrier is a ship that a) has 2
fighter
bays and b) has 50% (or 66%) or more of it's systems' mass devoted to
fighter bays. This would make the minimum size for a Carrier 24 tons
(FTL)
or 16 tons (Non-FTL) [2 fighter bays and NO other systems]. This is, of
course, under the old system (not knowing the new system).

Brian Bell
pdga6560@csi.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry
Is your ship design here?

----------
> From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: FT III Ideas
> Date: Thursday, April 03, 1997 4:51 AM
>
> Well... the two percentages I've seen suggested on this List are 50%
and
> 66%. It is irrelevant for escort since they can't carry more than one
> fighter bay, though, and a cruiser with two fighter bays always uses
at
> least 66% of its mass and probably more :)
[snip]