Prev: Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...) Next: Re: Capital vs. others Debate

Re: FT III Ideas

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 15:48:53 -0500
Subject: Re: FT III Ideas

>Hiya
>
>With all this talk about new ideas for FT III, I thought I should add
>something that I'd like to see clarified in the fleet book.
>This question has been discussed on the mailing list in the past:
>
>How do you determine if a ship is a "carrier"?
>This is relevant to the rules, since only carriers can launch two
>fighter groups per turn. There are also a couple of related questions:
>   a) Can escorts & cruisers carry fighter groups?
>   b) If a cruiser has two or three fighter bays, does that make it
>	a "carrier"?
>
>--
>Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are
mine.

We could probably define a "carrier" as any ship that devotes at least a
certain given % of its available system mass to fighter bays (how about
50%, though perhaps it should be more?).

a) The original intention in FT was "no", but in hindsight I don't see a
problem if your opponents agree with your designs. Little carriers can
be
fun.
b) see mass % answer above - depends what % limit you set; most cruisers
won't have room for much else if they have more than 1 fighter bay!

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Odd Tons (was Damn the Torp...) Next: Re: Capital vs. others Debate