Prev: DSM range Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs

Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

From: "<Mark Andrew Siefert>" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 10:37:37 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> SALVO MISSILE BATTERIES:

	I LIKE IT!!!!  Reminds me of the Anime Missile Swarm Ideas we've

kicked around last summer.  In fact...I still haven't posted those rules

yet.  I always thought that lots and lots of missiles were more
believable than just really heavy missile.

> JUMP TORPEDOES:

	Sneaky....very sneaky....  Just keep `em balenced Jon.
	I just had a thought.  Why don't we come up with technology
levels as an optional rule for all of you guys who are into "Starfire"
style campiagn games.  Normal missile salvos would be Tech 1 while jump
torpedos could be tech level 2 or even 3.

> THESE ARE ONLY IDEAS (sorry to shout...), and may go no further, but
who
> would miss the "old" FT missiles if we replaced them with something
like
> these?

> Let me know!

	I don't think that a that we should totally trash the normal
missiles.  Instead, lets keep the current missiles as a seperate sytem
and rename then "Heavy Tropedo" or "Combat Drone" or somthing.

Later,
Mark A. Siefert

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: DSM range Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs