Prev: Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust

Re: Maximizing ship designs

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 13:59:18 -0500
Subject: Re: Maximizing ship designs

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

>   I guess the question is whether you needed to bother.  What if you
> just plunked down a bunch of mass 36, thrust 7 cruisers with 6 3-arc A
> batteries each (cost 312 - thrust 3 gives cost 240)?	Would they be
> able to destroy your opponents intricately complicated multi-ship-type
> fleet?  If so, optimization is a problem.

IMHO, "no limits on thrust" is a problem. You can make e.g. the heavy
cruiser designs much better with relatively little cost without
sacrificing anything.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Damn the torpedoes and others (long) Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Fighters in Vector Thrust