Prev: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs

Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:55:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

At 09:33 AM 3/31/97 -0600, you wrote:
>	Does anyone else have any similar experiences?	If so, how do I
>handle them without commiting a capital crime?

Well, if the kid wrecked one of my miniatures due to handling them
without
permission, I'd automatically eject the little twerp from the game.
Daddy
can leave if he sees fit.

I would probably warn the kid in a firm, but non-threatening manner that
you
are dealing with someone else (or please be quiet while I'm talking, or
please wait your turn, etc.). If the father takes exception to you
chastising his son, tell him that his son is disruptive it would
probably be
best if they both left.

If there is a secon incident, tell the kid off, right in front of his
father
if you have to. This is strike 2. Again, if the father takes exception,
ask
him to leave.

If there is a third incident, tell the father that his kid is too
disruptive
and that he had best leave. Strike 3, you're out. The father can't say
he
wasn't warned.

What forum was this in? Was this a club game or a game demo at a store?
Or
was it in a con? I think your reaction would differ based on the
situation.
Remember that you have a responsibility to the other people playing the
game. Better to have the father and son pissed at you than have everyone
at
the game say, "it was an okay game, but I wish the ref had done
something
about the guy and his brat."  In a con setting, there are organizers and
security folk to deal with this kind of thing.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust Next: Re: Maximizing ship designs