Prev: Re: "Harpoon in Space" Next: FT Campaign System (In early Playtest)

Re: campaigns

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 09:15:25 -0500
Subject: Re: campaigns

	I've been working on campaign rules for about 6 months now, but
the still
require a lot of tweaking.  At 50+ pages, I'm STILL not done yet.

	The level of resolution required for a campaign on the level I'm
trying to
simulate has forced me to add a few new systems and modify others.  FTL
drives are costed out according to the speed they can move during a
campaign turn; they cost half what regular drives cost for the same
"speed".  I use different armor rules, and I've modified James Butler's
Bridge rules to simulate the amount of ships a single flagship can
command.
	I've added a few campaign level systems: Cryo Units (for moving
large
amounts of population from point a to point b), Colony Modules (Sets up
base habitat), and Repair/Resupply Modules (for fixing ships too damaged
make it back to base), etc.
	Campaign level turns are 1 month, broken into 4 1-week segments.
 I've
come up with like 50+ random events cards, as well as what I feel is a
pretty strong backbone for legendary character creation (it's a mini FMA
RPG in its own right).
	Anyway, I'm toying with the idea of buying a domain name and
setting up my
own site; when I do, I'll post my mad FT Campaign ravings there.

Take care,

Tre

Prev: Re: "Harpoon in Space" Next: FT Campaign System (In early Playtest)