Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: Hardkill of missiles (exocets)

Re: "Harpoon in Space"

From: Wuerthele@a...
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 08:37:43 -0500
Subject: Re: "Harpoon in Space"

>...and don't forget to disallow any speed above, say, 3"/turn, so,
>Yes, Virginia, you will be hit by the missile, and No, there is no
>worthwhile concept of maneouver.

This is not entirely true.  On VLS boats, maneuver matters little.  On
non-VLS with box launchers, which orientation you are to the target
makes a
great deal of difference...

>...and for that special Harpoon flavour, remember to over-rate all
>American technology... Wave that flag.

  Still take a 688i against an Akula or Sierra any day.  It doesn;t
matter
who's noisiest, it I can spot you and lob a 48 at you from twice as far
away,
then... score one for the US.  Still, I do see what you're saying.

Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: Re: Hardkill of missiles (exocets)