Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: "Come on, let's shoot our way out of this - it'll be fun!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:19:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

>I couldn't agree more - some very well-expressed sentiments. The
question
>is, how do we persuade all the powergamers/munchkins/anoraks* that this
is
>the way to go?

Short of concocting some convoluted rule, not sure if you can.

>Does anyone feel we should actually legislate on things like
>this in future rules (maybe on the lines of the previously-suggested
>"maximum % of certain ship types in fleet"), or do we continue as
before
>and leave it up to the players to be "reasonable" about this....:) ?

I've always been of the 'reasonable' mindset (hell, I think it's
reasonable,
compared to some of the powergamer-types I play with ;-) and this has
worked
well in any scenarios I've pre-generated. My powergamer friends have had
good time playing in them, but put them on their own...and they tend to
max
things out, going for the optimum highest-efficiency death-dealing
vessel
they can. They do this in all their games where they are permitted to
design their own stuff (they've even made forays into re-designing the
SFB
series of ships - as if *that* needs to be done!).

I like the rules as they are, but maybe an *optional* rule to the effect
of what you cite above.

(ya know, we keep adding 'optional rules' and sooner or later the
rulesbook
is just going to be one big optional rule :-/ )

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games