Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Re: DirtSide II Rules regarding multiple targets.

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:58:47 -0500
Subject: Re: DirtSide II Rules regarding multiple targets.

>  This question is directed to the folks at GZG.  The rule books makes
it very
>clear that a vehicle can engage only one target at a time.
Specifically it
>says
>that a vehicle activated to attack an infantry unit with it's APSW
cannot make
>an attack upon other units.  I've heard of exceptions to this rule
(such as
>two
>fire controls etc.) on this lits but I would like an official opinion.
>  Thank You,
>   Phil P.

Phil -
This is yet another rule mechanic that you can tailor to your own
preference using house rules if you wish; the original intention was
that
the vehicle commander would generally be directing the gunner(s) as to
what
target they would engage, and if they were frantically trying to take
out a
load of nearby infantry they would not have their attention on a vehicle
target several klicks away. It is really all down to the rather nebulous
question of threat evaluation and target priorities, but in the end we
felt
it simpler to restrict most elements to just engaging one target at a
time.
I agree this starts to look odd if talking about large vehicles with
multiple weapons and probably multiple gunners (human or AI), so if you
prefer to change this, or go the multi-firecon route, that is fine as
long
as your group agrees.

Hope this helps,

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games