Prev: Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: newtonian inetia

[OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 03:37:29 -0500
Subject: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models

>Actually, I was wondering why the FT models seem more expensive than
>the DSII models. $6.50 buys you a pack of 5 tanks or ONE tiny
destroyer,
>about the same size.
>
>Is it the amount of metal in the base?
>Or (evil thought) the fact that you need generally less models
>to play FT?
>
>--
>maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio)	   | A pig who doesn't
fly
>+358 50 5596411 GSM +358 9 80926 78/FAX 81/Voice  | is just an ordinary
pig.
>Snail: Maininkitie 8A8 02320 ESPOO FINLAND	   |	      - Porco
Rosso
>Http://www.swob.dna.fi/~maxxon/		   |

The US pricing structure is down to the fact that GeoHex use the cast
metal
bases and include them in the packs, whereas in the UK we supply the
plastic flying stands (like the old GW ones) in clear or black plastic,
and
sell them as an optional extra. Our typical prices are £1.95 for 2-3
1/300
vehicles (depending on size) and £1.95 for 2 FT destroyers (WITHOUT
stands), the plastic stands being an extra 10p each if required. Four FT
scouts from us are 95p, as are 6-12 fighters (again depending on size).
It
is only for the bigger sghips where the prices become comparable on both
sides of the pond, where the metal US bases are less of a factor - eg:
we
charge £7.95 for a superdreadnought or big carrier.
I think that GeoHex's decision on this was largely due to the need to
produce standard packs for sale to the US retail market; 4 tiny scouts
rattling around in an otherwise empty blister doesn't look much
"perceived
value"... :)
We still sell most of our product direct (ie: mail order and shows) in
the
UK, and consequently don't blister-pack or have to make them look pretty
attract the customers' eyes on the rack. It is all down to the different
demands and expectations of two VERY different sales markets!

Enough waffle, hope this helps....

Jon T. (GZG)

PS: to answer an earlier post, yes, the new Sa'Vasku ships are ours; the
masters will be coming over to the US very shortly (along with our new
DSII
1/300 minis), so you'll just have to start pestering GeoHex in a while
see when they're going to be out....:)

Prev: Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: newtonian inetia